Application For Young Professionals Program YPP – The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders.
Application For Young Professionals Program attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development.
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? If yes, you are the one we are looking for with the Application For Young Professionals Program you can reach your target.
Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
Meanwhile, they expect to offer this opportunity to 30 candidates for the 2018 cohort.
The Bank is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, they are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects diversity agenda, including gender, geographies and languages, among others through Application For Young Professionals Program.
What are the Strategy for Application For Young Professionals Program?
The African Development Bank’s Strategy for 2013–2022 reflects the aspirations of the entire African continent. It is firmly rooted in a deep understanding and experience of how far Africa has come in the last decade, and where it wishes to go to in the next.
This strategy places the Bank on a path to maintain its role as a key player in Africa’s quest to achieve substantial economic development and social cohesion (Inclusive Growth), while promoting the sustainable use of all natural resources (Green Growth).
As a matter of fact, the twin objectives are supported by five operational priorities and three areas of cross-cutting emphasis (fragile states, food security and gender) in which the Bank has comparative advantage and trust. However,
The Bank seeks to position itself at the ‘center of Africa’s transformation’.
Eligibility and Requirement for Application For Young Professionals Program :
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
How to Apply for Application For Young Professionals Program
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Hence, Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
Therefore, successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- firstly, Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Answer all the questions
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change during the recruitment process
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Finally, Upload the following required documents (mandatory):
– Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word version.
– Copies of Academic Certificates/Transcripts.
– PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable.
– You will be expected to write an essay of about 800 words.
Offer of employment – Yes! You are the one we are looking for!
Also, You will be required to submit a written acceptance of the offer of appointment via email within two weeks of notification. Confirmation of the offer is subject to a satisfactory medical examination, verification of relevant educational and professional certificates, verification of academic and professional references and production of a valid certificate or other proof of nationality. Offers of appointment are only valid for the same recruitment year.
Conclusion, If a candidate does not accept our offer and wishes to join the Bank at a later date, they will have to apply for future programs or vacancies.