Australia Awards Scholarships Masters Level 2019 Application Form
The Australian Government has been offering Nigeria immediate access to the Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), under the Australian Awards for Africa (AAA), beginning with the intake for the Masters programme in 2010 Australian academic year, which began in July, 2010.
2. The ADS provide opportunities to people from many developing countries, including Nigeria, to study in Australian at Short Course & at Masters Levels. The purpose of the scholarships is for people to gain knowledge and skills that will enable them to contribute to the long-term development of their countries in areas that are germane to the achievement of the then Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
3. Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
4. The Scholarships are aimed at early and mid-career sector professionals who have potentials to lead or support accelerated progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It also provides professionals with high quality, flexible, responsive and on-going access to Australia training and expertise.
5. The Coordinating Authority for Nigeria is The Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation of Nigeria
Australia Awards Scholarships Masters Level 2019 Application Form
6. Priority Fields of Study:
NIGERIA: Eligibility Criteria – Masters Awards 2019
Applications open 1st September 2017 to 15th December 2017.
Nigeria: High Priority Areas
1. Agricultural Productivity;
2. Extractives and Natural Resource Management; &
3. Public Policy (especially those focused on Governance and Economic Policy, including Trade Policy).
Applications from exceptional candidates will also be considered in the following sectors:
6. Gender Studies;
7. Health; &
Target Groups for Australia Awards Scholarships
1. National of Nigeria;
2. Professionals working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non-Government Organisations (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study;
3. Professionals who wish to undertake a Master’s degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study. (Masters of Business Administration are not permitted);
4. Persons with a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the study of a Master’s degree will be used to improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study;
5. Gender Equality: Australia Awards targets equal participation by women and men;
6. Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
Eligibility for Australia Awards Scholarships
- At least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application;
- At least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience.
This work experience must be in a role relevant to the proposed field of study and to employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience);
- Possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution of at least four (4) years in length with at least a 2nd Class Pass;
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships;
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply;
- However, Candidate must not already hold, or be studying for, a Master’s degree;
- Similarly, Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award; &
- As a matter of fact, Must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships.
- Short Courses
Applications open 1st September 2017 to 15th January 2018.
Eligibility Criteria – NIGERIA (Australia Awards Scholarships)
- National of Nigeria;
- You must be between 25 and 50 years of age at the date of your application;
- You have at least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience in a relevant policy, practice, research or reform role;
- Have a clear vision of how you will use the knowledge gained through the award program to improve policy or practice in Nigeria in the proposed field of study;
- Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award;
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men; &
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
PRIORITY AREAS FOR Australia Awards Scholarships
- Agricultural Productivity;
- Increasing the Development Impact of Agricultural Research;
- Irrigation and Water Resource Management for Agriculture;
- Local Economic and Social Development in Extractives;
- Mineral and energy economics;
- Macroeconomic Management in Resources Rich Countries;
- Public Policy;
- Trade policy and negotiations;
- Public-Private infrastructure partnerships; &
- Ocean Management: Sustainable fisheries and Governance.
Short Courses candidates qualifications are not limited to 1st degree, but can have up to PhD.
8. HOW TO ACCESS THE FORM:-
- Firstly, Open the website www.australiaawardsafrica.org;
- Also, Click apply: Map of the world appears;
- Click Nigeria on the map if you are a Nigerian: A new page appears:
- Then, Click more information on your top right-hand corner, Masters Awards and Short Courses will appear. Click on the programme you intended to apply for;
- If Masters, click and Nigeria Eligibility Criteria page appears. Study the page very well;
- Click request for application. A form appears. Fill the form and as soon as filled Nigeria as your country, another form appears below;
- Fill your date of birth with this pattern ie: 23-12-85
- Answer the questions that follow. Remember your priority sector, you are to click on ie, Agriculture, Public Policy etc.
- As you are clicking on the questions, ✔ mark must appear, if ✖mark appear, that means your answers are wrong. Check your response again.
- If you have ✔ mark all round, Click on Register now. The form will be sent to your mail.
- Download the form, print out and fill
- NOTE: The e-mail used to request for the form should be the same e-mail to be used to send the completed forms to the contracting firm handling the registration.
IF YOU USE ANOTHER E-MAIL TO SEND YOUR FORMS BACK, OTHER THAN THE INITIAL E-MAI, YOUR FORMS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Tuition fees for all successful awardee w8ll be paid by the Australian Government, in addition, all awardees will be entitled to A$35,000 per annum in the first year; this is made up of the following:
- A once payment of establishment allowance of A$5,000 as contribution towards expenses such as rental bonds, text books, study materials, additional medical insurance, home contents insurance etc;
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) of A$30,000 per session which is a contribution to basic living expenses paid fortnightly at a rate of A$1,150
- Also, Awardees has the opportunity of taking their families to Australia if they so wish. The awardees will bear the flight tickets, but Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will process the visa for the family at no cost. Children at Primary and Secondary Schools will be placed in Schools at the expense of the Australian Government, while partners can get any jobs available around them.
- The Scholarships are opened to any Nigerian working in the Public, Private and Civil Society (NGOs) Sectors.
- Hence, For further details about the programme you can call Mr. Adegbemi, Sylvester Folorunso, the Schedule Officer of the Programme in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Abuja on +2348023163733 (WhatsApp) or You can see him in room 006, Block B, Ground Floor, OHCSF, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase II, Shehu Shagari Way, By Eagle Square, Abuja, FCT.
- Therefore, If you cannot make use of this opportunity, please, pass the message to those who may benefit from the programme.
- This programme is FREE, DON’T GIVE ANY MONEY TO ANYBODY FOR ANY FORM OF ASSISTANCE, PLEASE.
Recommended for you:
- Application For Young Professionals Program | How to Apply www.afdb.org
- NNPC – SNEPCo Scholarship Application Form 2017/2018
- Finland International Students Scholarships 2018/2019 Application
- UNICAF Scholarship 2017 – Application form Form UNICAF
- How to Apply for University of Melbourne Scholarships 2017
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Scholarship – Apply For 2017 Award
- Nigeria’s Got Talent Registration 2017 and Audition Date
Your success is our watch-ward. We love comments and we look for to it, also, if you have any questions contribution or suggestion about Australia Awards Scholarships 2017 please use the comment box below.