The Finland Government Scholarship Pool programme (Finland International Students Scholarships) is open to young researchers from all academic fields.
Finland International Students Scholarships – The Finland Government scholarships are offered for a period of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2018.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be taken at (country): Finland
Type: Doctoral Scholarship
Eligibility for Finland International Students Scholarships: In order to be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, candidate must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
How to Apply for Finland International Students Scholarships: Interested applicants are to download and complete the scholarship application form.
Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the appropriate authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact.
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage (see link below) before applying.
For more information, visit the scholarship webpage.
Recommended for you?
- UNICAF Scholarship 2017 – Application form Form UNICAF
- How to Apply for University of Melbourne Scholarships 2017
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Scholarship – Apply For 2017 Award
- Nigeria’s Got Talent Registration 2017 and Audition Date